Thursday 23 June 2016

The Cross in my pocket

I carry a cross in my pocket - A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian - No matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic - Nor is it a good luck charm.
It isn’t meant to protect me - From every physical harm.

It’s not for identification - For all the world to see.
It’s simply an understanding - Between my Savior and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket - To bring out a coin or a key
The cross is there to remind me - Of the price He paid for me.

To remind me too, to be thankful - For my blessings day by day
And to strive to serve Him better - In all that I do and say.

It’s also a daily reminder - Of the peace and comfort I share
With all who know my Master - And give themselves to his care.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket - Reminding no one but me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my Life - If only I’ll let Him be.

No comments:

Post a Comment