Monday 7 September 2020

Sunrise, Sunset

A popular song from the musical ‘The Fiddler on the Roof’ is the popular ‘Sunrise, Sunset.’ Over the years I’ve taken hundreds of photos of both morning sunrises, when most people are usually still sleeping, as well as spectacular sunsets, when people are oblivious of the beauty God can paint, day after day. I share with you today three glorious photos of 2 sunsets and a sunrise. The first one is a photo I just received from a friend of mine who lives on a horse ranch, the Clark Quarterhorse Ranch in Mount Vernon, a hamlet close to one of my parishes in John Day, Oregon. This sunset was  just 2 days ago during a day that was scorching with 106 degrees Fahrenheit, (41 degrees Celsius.) I am sure they will experience cold days in the near future, not to mention that at night the temperature can dip by 50 degrees, since they are in the high desert of Central-Eastern Oregon. 

The second photo was one I took in Bend Oregon in 2014, one morning where I was arriving at the parish office earlier than anyone else, probably around 6 AM. The third photo is one I took with my old camera on January 4, 2002, just a few hours before my father passed away, and I felt that God was reaching out to him from the havens, as the rays from the sun created a peaceful atmosphere for my father to leave the earth after 76 years of hard work, dedication and love for this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment