Tuesday 22 September 2020

Flashbacks

I’d like to share with you over the next few weeks a few old photos I took while in the USA. With no particular order or choice, here are the first two from my time in New Hyde Park, New York, where I spent 10 glorious years between 1981 and 1991. The first one shows an unusual globe that was wrapped in various American flags. Since I’m always looking for the unusual and strange, this globe caught my attention and I took a photo of it. 

The second photo was of a car wrapped up in a cover made up of different flags. Now this is something that is common in Malta, where the sun is very hot, and car aficionados like their cars to remain cool, and so they create cloth covers for them. But it was very unusual to come across a similar car on Long Island in the USA. Well, someone in the early 1980s was fond of his car and covered it with a very attractive car cover. Notice in the background some other older models of cars, which were quite big in the 1980s, as well as a Diner and a Delicatessen, popular stores that saw many people frequent them, and which undoubtedly they still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment