Monday 28 September 2020

Washington monuments

I’ve been to Washington DC twice. Once was a hair-raising experience as I was traveling with a Filipino priest who had a mini-stroke as he was driving back to our parish on Long Island. He ended up in Philadelphia, but I was able to lead him back towards New York, with the limited experience I had of the busy Northeast highways. But I enjoyed my visit there, seeing the Smithsonian Museum, walking through the historic streets and relishing the various monuments that highlight the almost 250 years of history of the United States. 

These are just 2 monuments close to the Capitol, taken with a regular camera as this was 1983, before the digital cameras came along. The first one is made of bronze, with the Capitol rotunda in the background, and the second one made of marble. Later on this week, we'll visit the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, a much-beloved church by all Catholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment