Tuesday 29 October 2019

Julian the horse

It has been my target over the years to encourage parents to name their children Julian. I’ve been successful a few times in New York, besides having my nephew also named Julian, now a doctor. But when I went to Oregon, it was very difficult to convince parents to name their child Julian, also because we had fewer baptisms in my parishes. However, a few people were kind to me in naming some animals Julian or Juliana. One girl named her goat Juliana, and another boy named his piglet Julian. Then there was the Clark family who had a large number of beautiful quarterhorses, and in May 2005 named one of the newly born foals Julian. The above photo shows him just a few days after being born, and the other photo shows him just recently at the age of 14. I was told he’s one of their best-behaved horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment