Thursday 31 October 2019

Washington Nationals Champions

Today I’d like to congratulate the baseball team from Washington DC, the Nationals for winning the World Series for the first time in over 70 years. It was one of the most exciting series with each team winning all the games away from home. There goes the theory of having an advantage when playing at home. Unfortunately. I have no way of following baseball games live from Malta, but the best I could do was following it online, with just the calls of balls and strikes as well as base hits and home runs. And that’s what I did early this morning, between 3 AM and 5 AM, following the exciting finish of game 7 from my IPad, seeing the Nationals come from behind once again to beat the Houston Astros 6-2. My American friends know how passionate I am about baseball, and having given the blessing and invocation to the New York Mets in 1986, they eventually won the World Series that year. Of course not wanting to get all the credit, they had a great team that year, but everything I had prayed for, came to happen during that glorious season when they beat the Boston Red Sox, also coming from behind as the Nationals did this year. They were known as the Montreal Expos before the moved to Washington DC in 2005. The other Washington based team was the Washington Senators winning the World Series in 1925 and 1933. So hail to the Nationals who will celebrate with a huge ticker-tape parade on Saturday, and most probably an audience with President Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment