Sunday 30 July 2023

Courage to never give up

17-year-old Meryl from Lima, Peru has been attending a program that helps with compassion since she was 3 years old and is the first in her family to go to college. Now in her second year of studies at university, she’s also a volunteer at her Compassion-assisted child development Center and a private math tutor. “Before applying to the National University of San Marcos, I was very nervous and I thought I couldn’t do it, but one week before the admission exam I got a beautiful letter from my sponsor. She sent me this verse from Joshua 1:9 to be strong and brave, don’t be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord my God will be with me wherever I go. And I entered the university in the first try, and now I am studying biology!” said Meryl. It takes courage to battle the lies that this world tells us. And sometimes it takes our community to remind us that we have to be brave like Meryl did!

No comments:

Post a Comment