Friday 27 May 2016

Flowers from Malta - part 4

The Caper flowers, which grow wildly in Malta, producing capers.
I am discovering even more unusual flowers, and I am happy to share them with you. After tomorrow's reflection on Corpus Christi, I will continue on Monday with more colorful flowers from Malta. Understand that I am not going out of my way to search for these flowers, just walking around my neighborhood and coming across these flowers, some of which I did not know they even existed. 
4 different colors of bougainvillea
Included today are the flowers of the caper plant and 4 layers of bougainvillea, purple, red, orange and white. This is a flower that spreads profusely, scrambling over other plants with their spiky thorns. The thorns are tipped with a black, waxy substance. They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, or deciduous if there is a dry season.
White bougainvillea


No comments:

Post a Comment