Friday 6 May 2016

Lord, make me a Television

Lord, You who are all good to everyone in the world, especially our children, may I ask you a small favor. Make me a Television! 24 inch, 42 inch or 62 inch, LED, LCD, analogue or digital, anything, but just turn me into a Television.
Encourage my parents to spend as much time with me as they do with the TV set. Encourage them to take as much interest in me as they do in the TV programs. With the same interest that my mother follows her cooking shows and soap-operas, and with the same enthusiasm as my father follows the soccer, basketball and every other sport event.
I wish I can talk like one of the TV presenters, to such an extent that when he or she talks, my parents are listening so attentively, without any interruptions. I wish I can dress up like one of them, so that my parents will not take their eyes off me. I wish they take care of me as they take care of their TV set when they have to call a technician when something goes wrong.  I wish I was a TV set so that my parents can spend three hours each day looking at me, and admiring me. I wish they believe me as they believe everything they hear on the TV.
Lord, make me a Television set, even for one day. By the way, my friend wants a favor too. He wants you to turn him into a computer, because his father is glued to a computer day and night, and he ignores him constantly. I thank you, because I know for sure you are going to grant me this simple request. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment