Sunday 22 May 2016

Surprise Mass on TV

Yesterday, the feast of the Holy Trinity I went to celebrate Mass in my childhood church as usual at 9 AM, with the usual packed church. There I found 3 cameras set up, ready to transmit the Mass live on Malta TV. I was told only few hours earlier that the Mass may be shown on TV. Of course I was prepared with a good homily and the celebration went on without a hitch. But I came to realize how critical a live transmission can be. When you see a movie, or even any show on TV, they rehearse and do one take after another, until the director is satisfied with the end product. 
This was quite different, as I started the Mass with absolutely no room for error. And everything went on beautifully, with the Folk Group embellishing the liturgy with their music, and the congregation participating willingly and faithfully. Some friends of mine in Bend were able to watch the Mass, which was at midnight in Oregon. However I was able to watch the Mass again on replay on TV and took a few photos for you to cherish. The photos are a little bit grainy, but fairly OK nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment