Thursday 20 May 2021

Two seasons

                  
It’s amazing what a difference a few weeks can make. These two photos were taken within a month of each other, at the most, the first one probably in early October, and the second one in mid-November. I took these photos back in 2002 when I spent 6 months sabbatical at St Joseph’s Abbey in Spencer, Massachusetts, a Cistercian Trappist Abbey. These three arched windows were in the Infirmary chapel, where I used to spend a lot of time praying, even as early as 4:30 AM, after the Vigils. How quickly the red and orange maple trees change into bare trees covered with snow. 

Both scenes evoke happy memories for me, as I really looked forward to the fall season with the colorful foliage, as much as I cherished the snow, icicles, snow-covered mountains and maybe not much driving on it, especially when it turns icy and slippery. Then fall and winter quickly turns into spring with spectacular colorful flowers, green grass and nature waking up after a cold long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment