Wednesday 12 May 2021

Lupines from Halfway

I have to share these photos with you from my wildlife collection in my 13 years in Oregon. Stationed at the Cathedral in Baker City, and driving through spectacular countryside, I had to go to Halfway every week to celebrate Mass in a small mission church, a 110-mile round-trip. Whenever there was an abundance of snow in the winter months, some unusual flowers will sprout. This did not happen every year, but only when there was an unusual amount of moisture, and in one particular year, a field which I noticed from the main road was covered with wild lupines. 

Needless to say I searched for a good angle to take my best photos, especially with the snow-capped Wallowa mountains in the background, and the result is here for you to enjoy. A gift from God for us to cherish, especially for those who have eyes keen enough to see the extraordinary in the ordinary scenes of life. (click on each photo to see a larger image)

No comments:

Post a Comment