Tuesday 24 September 2019

No-No in the fridge

Tomatoes, garlic, and basil - never in the fridge!
I am not a culinary expert, but I love cooking, especially large pots of soup, a fresh healthy salad and all kinds of fruit. I came across this interesting list of items one should never place in a refrigerator. I thought it might be interesting to share it because I was guilty in placing just 3 of them in the fridge, something which I will not do anymore. So here are 35 items that should never go in the refrigerator:
Coffee – bread – tomatoes – fresh basil - eggplant – avocado – onions – garlic – honey – peanut butter – ketchup – olive oil – oranges – papaya – potatoes – pickles – vinegar – donuts – mustard – aged cheese – sealed tuna – molasses – banana – chocolate - cucumber – cereal – pumpkins – watermelon - apples – spices – pears – hot pepper – beef jerky – soy sauce – flour.

ALSO: I heard another tip which you should know: when cooking soup or whatever and you want to freeze left-overs in containers, you should do this within 2 hours. Don't wait longer than 2 hours to let it cool off, because bacteria start to accumulate after 2 hours outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment