Wednesday 4 September 2019

Naxxar celebrations

The recently restored facade of the Parish church in Naxxar, Malta
This is a busy week for me and the entire parish of Naxxar, as it celebrates the titular feast of the Nativity of Mary on September 8. Three other parishes also celebrate this feast with plenty of colorful decorations, special Masses, fireworks, marching bands, and the procession through the streets of the respective village on Sunday evening. I've been asked to celebrate extra Masses in the parish this week and next week, to such an extent that within 2 weeks, I will be celebrating 41 Masses in total. But it is a true honor for me to say meaningful Masses to various groups of people, especially to share even a brief daily homily, a custom that is not common here in Malta. But people look forward to it, and they are used to me giving them a practical message at each Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment