Monday 15 July 2019

Black and White

The early days of photography were black and white, and personally, I started also with black and white, developing my own films, although I never had the facility of printing them. But I have a small collection of vintage photos I took in the 1970s when I was still in the Seminary, and most of these photos were taken with an Instamatic camera until I got my first camera which my father bought for me in 1972, a Petri, and which I used until the year 2000 or so. These are just two of my favorite photos. The first one is of a fisherman enjoying an early morning relaxing time. This photo was chosen to be exhibited in the Maltese Annual Photography Exhibition in 1976. 
The second one shows a Gardiola, one of the many watchtowers built by the Knights of Malta in the 17th century, framed with branches and trees, something which I always tried to do in my photographic journey. More black and white photos later on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment