Monday 8 July 2019

Seek and give forgiveness

I always like to say to couples that I am marrying that the perfect union is the union of two forgivers, two people who are ready to forgive and forget. One woman, on her 50th anniversary, revealed that on her wedding day she decided to make a list of 10 of her husband’s faults which, for the sake of their marriage, she would overlook.
Asked to divulge the 10 faults, she said, “I never did get around to writing them down. But whenever my husband did something that made me angry and mad, I would say to myself, ‘Lucky for him, that’s one of the 10!’ 
This could be the secret for many happy and long-lasting marriages, and then you can look at the wedding album of 50 years ago, and still feel in love with each other.
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger....be put away from you.....and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God forgave you (Ephesians 4:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment