Thursday 18 July 2019

More black and white

Two more black and white photos from my collection. These two were taken at the Seminary in Floriana, back in 1972 and 1974 respectively. The first one shows three seminarians posing for me during a spectacular sunset, with the cross on the chapel cupola in the foreground on the side. This photo evokes feelings of peace and harmony, as if God is talking to us and sharing a tiny bit of his immense beauty, which we often seem to take for granted.
The other one shows two of my classmates, still seminarians reading the Breviary along the collonades in the Atrium, which is surrounded by a series of columns. We used the atrium itself as a Volleyball and Basketball court in our days. I like the composition of this photo as it shows the serenity and spirituality of the moment. It evokes feelings of quiet, prayerfulness and intimate contact with the Almighty. More of my vintage photos later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment