Wednesday, 30 September 2026

God calling !

Steve Jobs and Vic Gundotra

Vic Gundotra was an Indian businessman who until 2014 had a big role with Google. Before that he was a general manager of Microsoft. He tells a story about being in church on Sunday January 6, 2008 when his mobile phone rang, and when he checked it, he saw the phrase ‘Caller ID unknown’ and he ignored the call. When the service was over, he checked his messages again, and found out that he had a message from his friend Steve Jobs saying: ‘Vic, can you come to my house? I need to discuss something with you...a little urgent.’ Vic recalls that he instantly called back Steve, since he was at that time responsible of all the ‘applications’ of Google, and was in regular contact with Steve. He told him ‘Hey Steve, this is Vic. I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your call, but I was at the church service and the phone  showed Caller ID unknown, and so I ignored it.’ Steve laughed and told him, ‘Vic, you should never answer your phone at church. You should only answer if it said ‘God calling !’

No comments:

Post a Comment