Saturday 27 August 2022

Turning 70

I thank God today for letting me live this long while doing my best to serve my people all around the world. Grateful for the disciplined upbringing I had from my parents, the support and encouragement  from my siblings, and the genuine friendship from all my relatives and friends, I commit myself to continue my ministry, wherever the Lord wants me to work. Presently I continue to serve the residents at Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home, while helping out at the Naxxar parish church, and occasional visits at my childhood parish of St. Julian’s. As I occupy myself with various hobbies that keep me busy, I share my talents that God gave me through flute playing, water coloring, calligraphy, photography, writing, blogging, cooking, classical music, reading and walking. I am forever grateful for the years I spent in my pastoral ministry in St. Julian’s (1977-1981), New Hyde Park, NY (1981-1991), Rocky Point, NY (1991-1996), Hicksville, NY(1996-1998), Pleasant Valley, NY (1998-2002), John Day, Oregon (2003-2005), Baker City, Oregon (2005-2013), Bend, Oregon (2013-2016), Hilltop Gardens, Naxxar, (2016-present.)

Over the past 9 days I shared with you some of my favorites in all facets of life, and of course I could have gone on and on in various categories, but hopefully you got a glimpse of my favorite moments and best memories of which I have so many. Becoming a septuagenarian makes me realize that I am now closer to the end than to the beginning, but like everybody else, I take life one day a time. I count my blessings and continue in my journey of faith and love, as I pray for good health that I can accomplish all that the Lord wants me to do. Many people have touched my life during these years and I hope I was able to have a positive impact on many of you. Please keep checking my blog daily, for some inspiration, unusual stories, photos, gentle reflections and anecdotes. God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday dear fr J!
    God bless you always!!
    Stay healthy and safe
    Sorry about your home so crazy...
    Take care

    ReplyDelete