Wednesday 24 August 2022

My 10 Favorite Songs

Any song by ABBA is a first-class hit.

I used to listen to a lot of Italian songs growing up, besides some of the American and UK oldies that turned up on the radio, or what we called here in Malta ‘Rediffusion.’ There are many Maltese songs also which are much beloved here, but I restrict myself to internationally known songs. Most often I like the melody rather than the words, but the first one reminds me of my father. And the Boys Choir adds a very nostalgic memory.

1.       The Living Years – Mike and the Mechanics. (watch below)

2.       Never giving up on love – Michael Martin Murphy.

3.       Hey Jude – Beatles.

4.       Kodachrome – Paul Simon. (also Graceland)

5.       America – Neil Diamond

6.       Rocky Mountain High – John Denver

7.       Everything by ABBA.

8.       Maltese marching bands.

9.       Another brick in the wall – Pink Floyd

10.   I want to break free - Queen 

No comments:

Post a Comment