Saturday 20 August 2022

My favorite 10 classical music selections

I have been an avid lover of classical music since my years in the Seminary. I can run my own radio station with the CDs I bought over the years, and still enjoy listening to them daily, besides listening to radio, DAB radio, and following concerts on the Mezzo channel on TV .Here are my 10 favorite classical compositions, although I can go to at least another 100 favorites.

1.    JS Bach – B Minor Mass.

2.    Ludwig van Beethoven – 9 Symphonies.

3.    Hector Berlioz – Requiem Mass.

4.   Antonio Vivaldi – all his concertos.

5.   Gioacchino Rossini – Overtures.

6.  Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Great Mass.

7.  Miklos Rosza – Soundtrack of Ben Hur.

8.  Philip Glass – Powaqqatsi – Anthem.

9.  FJ Haydn – The Creation, oratorio.

10 JS Bach – 4 Suites and 6 Brandenburg Concertos.

JS Bach's B Minor Mass

No comments:

Post a Comment