Friday 26 August 2022

10 Favorite personal accomplishments

With my family back in the year 2000.

These are experiences I lived through and things I am mostly proud of.

1.       Serving the people of God as a priest in Malta, New York and Oregon for 45 years so far.

2.       Donating 118 pints of blood at various Blood Drives, many of which I organized myself.

3.       Writing regularly since 1986 in a Maltese Catholic newspaper, ‘Leħen is-Sewwa.’

4.       Participating in the New York City Marathon, earning 3 medals in 1985, 1986, 1987.

5.       Learning to play the flute and do watercolors and calligraphy all by myself. (also cooking)

6.       Being invited to give the Invocation and Benediction for the New York Mets in 1986, and everything I prayed for happened as they won the World Series in October.

7.       Leading the renovation at St. Francis de Sales Cathedral in Baker City, Oregon in 2008.

8.       Preaching at many funerals, weddings, other special Masses, always with a personal message.

9.       Taking thousands of photos, especially of wildlife and scenic views, which I always share with others.

10.   Running the blog for over 10 years so far, getting over 100 hits daily (www.dungiljan.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment