Thursday 13 April 2023

From 8 years ago

Today I reflect back on my last parish of St Francis of Assisi in Bend, Oregon with some of the decorations we used to have, which most probably are still in place. I remember buying a beautiful crucifix for the historic church, built in 1920, and you can see it here surrounded by Easter lilies. The flowers and angels in front of the main altar also convey a happy festive atmosphere. In the second photo you can also see the new Monstrance I bought for the parish, with donations that came in as soon as I made the announcement. The new modern church built in 2009 was more innovative as an empty tomb was set up in front of the main altar, which created a very realistic scene of that day of the first Easter in Jerusalem. (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment