Wednesday 12 January 2022

Winning the race

When the movie Ben Hur was being filmed, the director William Wyler spoke to Charlton Heston about the famous chariot race, and early in the production suggested to him to start training the 4 horses and using the chariot. Heston spent hours practicing manoeuvring those 4 white horses and handling the reins of the chariot. When he was ready to start filming that colossal race, he told Wyler, ‘Willie, I think I can manage the chariot with the horses, but I don’t think I can ever win the race.’ William Wyler told him, ‘Now Chuck, you take care of starting the race and handling the chariot, while I make sure you will win the race.’ In the tough times of our lives, God is telling us the same message ‘You start the race, while I take care of winning it!’ Even if we feel we are running or driving alone, God is always there as our co-pilot, and we can be assured that we will win the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment