Tuesday 4 January 2022

My father - 20 years ago

My father and mother in 1988

It was 20 years ago today that my father left us suddenly - yet his spirit remains in my life and in the life of my siblings and nephews. His example of dedication to his family, his commitment to his faith and everything religious, his hard-working ethic and his devotion to his duty as a policeman and as father, have always been the norm by which I measure my own life. 

Their wedding on July 24, 1948.

I remember him writing to me one day in New York and telling me that the best thing that ever happened to him was meeting my mother, who became his wife for 54 years. He was so happy when his two nephews were born, and how happy he would be to know that they are both now successful and very busy medical doctors. Along with my mother they cherished so much the trips they made with me to my parishes in New York, making many friends in the process. In this post I share some photos of my father and family over the years. May he rest in peace, as he is united with my mother and my brother Paul in their heavenly home.

On their 50th anniversary, July 24, 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment