Wednesday 5 January 2022

Blog’s 10th Anniversary

                    
Today January 5th is exactly the 10th anniversary when I started my blog when I was still in the Cathedral parish in Baker City, Oregon. I have remained very faithful to my posting, and apart from a few days when I was away on retreat or traveling, I rarely missed a day. Starting in my Cathedral parish in Baker City with my previous blog www.fatherjulian.blogspot.com I have to admit that my reason for starting this blog was because of an annoying parishioner who had a blog which she used to criticize the bishop, our parish, and my work as pastor there. My intention was to share something positive, uplifting, creative, inventive and inspirational to my parishioners and friends, and to counteract the negativity she was cruelly spreading. And so I started and never stopped! Along also came some personal anecdotes, lives of saints, flashes from the past and anything intriguing, unusual, informative and surprising. I cannot believe that this journey has been going for 10 years, and every post is still accessible on line. Thanks to Blogspot, and to all of you who click on my link, sometimes daily, or weekly or even by accident, and then keep coming, from all parts of the world. Occasionally they are looking for a photo through Google, and they find it here. I get many comments from all parts of the world saying how they find this blog so varied and interesting. At times there have been close to 300 hits a day, but on average I get anywhere between 100 and 150 hits. My wish is to spread the link to as many people as you know, and let’s keep it going.

This was my very very post in the USA, on January 5, 2012: http://fatherjulian.blogspot.com/2012/01/starting-off.html

This was my very first post here in Malta when I started in April 2016: http://dungiljan.blogspot.com/2016/04/dun-giljan-is-back-to-blogging.html

No comments:

Post a Comment