Monday 3 January 2022

Our wonderful musicians

Ylenia and Doriana during one of our televised Masses.

It is an honor to me today to present to you the two girls that periodically animate my Masses at my chapel at Hilltop Gardens. They are delightful sisters who have been embellishing our liturgies with keyboard, voice and violin. They have also appeared on national TV when on a few occasion my Mass was transmitted ‘live’ on Sunday morning. They have been especially busy this past year as both of them got married. Ylenia Vella is the soloist and accompanies herself on the keyboard, while her sister Doriana Vella plays the violin, creating a perfect match with each other. On a few occasion I played  a few selections with them on my flute.

Daniel and Ylenia Mifsud on the day of their wedding.

Ylenia teaches music at the Sacred Heart Convent, an all-girls school where I also taught for a few years in the early 1980s. Doriana is a professional translator and works most of the time from home. They were happy to share with me their wedding photos, taken in the same Basilica of St. Helen in Birkirkara. Ylenia was married to Daniel Mifsud, an architect on July 18, and Doriana was married to Alvin Falzon, a professional electrician on December 19. We wish them the best of luck in their new journey, as they continue to give good example of a deeply spiritual commitment to the sacrament of marriage.

Doriana and Alvin Falzon on the day of their wedding.

The Birkirkara Basilica on the day of the weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment