Thursday 21 April 2016

Dun Giljan is back to blogging

Dun Giljan is none other than Father Julian. That's his name in Maltese, and he is now back in Malta, ready for another chapter in his busy life........ I would have liked to continue my previous blog, which I had started in 2012, but since I am now in a different country, Blogspot does not allow me to access my account, and so, as I had anticipated, here I am starting a new blog from Malta. As you can see the address is again my name in Maltese and Dun Giljan is the name that I am called by in my home country. Yet I assure you that all my entries will be in English, and other than my name, you will not have to be worried about anything undecipherable in Maltese. As I try to settle down, I may not be able to post an entry every single day, but once I get going, I am sure you will see something every day. And since Malta is 9 hours ahead of Oregon and 6 hours ahead of New York, when you all wake up, you will find a post ready to read, to reflect on, and to digest throughout the day. I am sure many photos will follow, but bear with me as I familiarize myself with my new computer and get adjusted to the new internet and WiFi connections. The jet-lag has started to wear off, the temperatures are still fairly comfortable and and I am slowly getting back to normal life in Malta. However it is like 'back to the future' for me as I am trying to re-live and re-establish connections with the past, which for me is 35 years ago, precisely before 1981. So stay tuned...much more to come on this new blog.

7 comments:

  1. So wonderful that we can still communicate. I am excited to see pictures when you're able. I'll bet it has changed a lot since the last time I was there in 1990. We all love and miss you. So thankful for all the ways we can communicate. Did you receive my email last week? Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it home safely! We are all missing you here in Baker City, OR. So happy to see you are blogging so we can still be a part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home (Malta)! We will always miss you here at your Baker City home! Love and hugs to you and your family! Enjoy the processions and food and family! We are making Hobz biz-zejt tonight for dinner in honor of you! Our family LOVES this recipe! Thank you for sharing it and yourself with us here in Baker City! Love and hugs, your Fuzi Family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you in Eastern Oregon.... you left your footprints in John Day, Baker City and in Bend. Onward to a successful new blog,Dun Giljan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back online! What is the phonetic pronunciation of your name in Maltese?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog Dun Giljan, thanks. It looks good and I hope to go through it bit by bit - John

    ReplyDelete