Tuesday 17 April 2018

My earliest photos

Three seminarians pose for me on a glorious sunset photo
Going back to the 1970s today as I share with you three of my earliest photos, when I was still developing my own photos in a darkroom, while having only a simple Instamatic camera. In fact I entered a few photos in a Malta Photographic Club Competition and two of them were accepted and exhibited for a few weeks in 1975. 
Praying at the Seminary courtyard
Obviously this was the age before digital technology was invented and when you had to take quite a few photos until you get the best shot. Then you had to wait to finish the whole film to have it developed and the photos printed, to see the result you've got. Often you got disappointed, but occasionally you got a surprising result. Color photography became more popular in the 1980s, but there is still some charm and quaintness looking at black and white photos, just as black and white movies are seen as quite historic, precious and unique. 
One of my exhibited photos, a fisherman at Balluta Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment