Tuesday 26 December 2017

What I learn at Christmas time. . . .

Baby Jesus at the Vatican Basilica in Rome.
I learn about trust from St Joseph, as he trusted the Angel . .
I learn about patience from Mary, as she waited for the miracle of the Birth of Christ to be fulfilled in her. . . .
I learned about perseverance from the Three Kings, who continued their search of the newborn King of Kings . . . .
I learned about hospitality from the shepherds who visited Jesus and adored him in the cave of Bethlehem . . . .
I learned about joy from the Angels announcing “Joy to the world, and peace on earth” . . . .
I learned about working tirelessly from Santa Claus, working overtime these days . .
I learned about thoughtfulness and friendship from the many Christmas cards I received . . .
I learned about gratitude from the people who appreciate all my efforts in creating a loving community . . .
I learned about hope from our children waiting for their longest day of the year, Christmas Day.
I learn about sacrifice when people drive 6 miles, as far away as Mellieha to attend my Masses.....
I learned about love from the kindness and respect I receive from the families & friends I found here at Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care Home......
I learned about peace when looking at the baby Jesus, the Prince of Peace . . . .
I learned about unity when I admire the Holy Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment