Saturday 2 December 2017

Behold, it’s very good !

The Symphony and Mystery of the Human Body
To whom shall I go Lord, if I were to leave You?
You are the reason for my life,
The reason why I keep trying and always try to get better.
You are the reason why I should not give up.
You give me the dignity of who I am – a child of God.
And if I ever were to leave You, how shall I feel – who would I become?
Where would I find the purpose to go on with my life?
No Lord, I will not leave You.
In You, millions of cells swimming inside my body make my body so marvelous.
I have eyes to see fascinating things.
I have ears to hear not just noise, but that sweet song of heaven.
I have hands to write, touch, lift and stroke.
My mouth utters words and song, besides tasting hundreds of sweet and enriching edibles.
I have feet that walk the hills, on lush grass and sandy beaches to spread Your Word of Love.
Above all, I have a mind to think, understand, ask and sort things out.
I am a masterpiece, unique, irreplaceable and that cannot be copied.
You look with Love on this work of Your hands, and say ‘Behold, it’s very good!
It is so good that You are appreciated so much.
For some, I may appear clumsy and lazy, with no motivation.
But for You, I am the apple of Your eye.
So beloved that I am determined to stay ever close to You, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment