Friday 29 December 2017

My childhood church

This is the church where my parents were married, where I was baptized on August 30, 1952, where all my siblings were baptized and received all our sacraments, and where I served hundreds of Masses as an altar-boy, even in Latin in the late 1950s and early 1960s. This is where I still occasionally celebrate Mass and do a Holy Hour most mornings, and of course it is very well taken care of by two enthusiastic young men who decorate it in a beautiful style, not only during the Christmas season, but also for other celebrations, including the feast of St Julian, Corpus Christi, Sacred Heart, Easter, St Anthony and other seasonal feasts. 
I took these photos to show you just some of its classical touch that Chris Micallef and Niki Papagiorcopulo have done over the years. I am personally surprised by some of the artefacts they found hidden in the back rooms and sacristy. I also wanted to take a good photo of the extremes of Jesus’ life, with the birth and crucifixion which you can see in one of the photos, a foreshadowing of what was to happen to our Infant Child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment