Monday 23 October 2017

Skinny me

With Ramona Formosa in 1978
A flashback today to over 40 years ago, as I share 3 photos from 1977, 1978 and 1979, when I was weighing much less than today, and of course was 43 years younger. The first photo shows me in 1978 with a young girl on her First Communion day, Ramona Formosa who would eventually become a professional pianist, and married to Silvio Zammit, a professional flutist. They came to visit in 2001 in New York and performed together on a few occasions, with myself playing a Telemann flute trio with them. 
Engagement rings blessing in 1977 of Roger and Carmen Muscat.
The second photo shows me in 1977 blessing the rings during an engagement ceremony which are very popular in Malta, at least they were when I was first ordained. The last photo was during my first trip to the USA with the Bamberg family from Massapequa Park, NY. I will show you in a few weeks a few more photos from my first few years in the USA from the 1980s. However that entry won’t be entitled ‘Chubby Me’ as I gained weight gradually over the years, until I stopped at 170 lbs.
In 1979 with the Bamberg family in Massapequa Park, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment