Saturday 28 October 2017

A Prayer for Strength

A very practical morning prayer which could be framed and placed next to your bed, so that you can recite it frequently......
Dear Lord, so far today, I’ve done all right. I haven’t gossiped, haven’t lost my temper, haven’t been greedy or grumpy, nasty or selfish, or over-indulgent. I haven’t caused any fights or quarrels with my spouse, my children, my parents, my neighbors, my dog or my cat, and have been fairly tolerant of everything and everybody. I haven’t yelled at anyone yet, and have been pretty mild-mannered towards everyone around me. I have not cursed at all or thrown any temper tantrums. And for all this I am very thankful, Lord.
But in a few minutes, Lord I’m getting out of bed. And from then on, I’m probably going to need all the help I can get. So please Lord, stay with me throughout the rest of the day.

1 comment: