Monday 9 October 2017

Simple Prayers - part 1

Lord, when my hopes have been dashed to pieces and my dreams shattered, keep me close to You, and let me feel the flow of your strength into my heart. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I want to be your follower. Take my hand and tune me into the needs of the suffering and hungry. When I serve them, I serve you also. Amen.

Our Father, I need to feel the joy of Your presence – Your gentle voice of assurance and the comfort of Your arms enfolding me. Be with me today and always. Amen.

Father, some friends are deeply troubled and although I’ve listened to their problems many times, soften my heart and grant me patience to listen again if they need me. Amen.

Deliver me from gossiping, Lord, and give me the moral strength to defend the person being gossiped about. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to remember to be more understanding of my loved ones’ limitations. Keep me from asking more of them than they are equipped to give. Amen.

Father, when I have been unjustly accused or scolded, I feel so humiliated and unworthy. Help me to restore my self-esteem. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment