Thursday 20 June 2024

Celebrating

Yesterday, as is customary, me and my classmates concelebrated Mass together at the Immaculate Conception church in Hamrun to commemorate our 47 th anniversary. Three of our classmate were not present but the other 7 are seen here in a group photos we took for the occasion. This particular church is very close to my heart as during my diaconate year, between 1976 and 1977, I served at that church, practicing my homilies every weekend during Sunday Mass. Over the last few years, as you can see in this photo, some beautiful embellishment took place, creating a variation on the Via Crucis (The Way of the Cross,) this time called Via Lucis (The Way of the Light) represented in mosaic, 14 stations that took place after Jesus’ resurrection until Pentecost. (Click to enlarge photos)

The 14 Stations of the Via Lucis

No comments:

Post a Comment