Tuesday 14 November 2023

A hungry God

Young Jimmy used to go and play in a nearby field with his friends, using the swings, playing some football as well a hide-and-seek. When he got tired he sat on a bench and started to eat his lunch prepared by his mother. An elderly man walk by him and decided to sit next to Jimmy. Noticing he was hungry, Jimmy offered him a sandwich, which the man devoured. He seemd very hungry and hugged the boy as he smiled at him, while still looking at the rest of the lunch on the bench. ‘You can have another one if you want...I’m not very hungry.’ And the man took another sandwich and ate it right away, hugging the boy again, smiling at him from ear to ear.

When Jimmy went home later on he told his mother, ’I met God today and gave him some of my lunch. He smiled at me and hugged me and made me very happy.’ In another part of town, the elderly man met some his friends, and they all noticed him happier than usual. When they asked him why he seemed happier than usual, he told them ‘Because I met God today, and I didn’t know he was so young. I thought he would be older and with a beard,  but I know it was Him, because no one would have treated me with such kindness and generosity. He even gave me some of his lunch.’ And that evening both of them slept well and happy, knowing they each met their God, the boy recognized Him in the smile and hug he received, and the man recognized him from his patience and kindness in sharing his lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment