Tuesday 13 April 2021

1984 caricature

                                
Today and tomorrow I am going down memory lane and show you two caricatures that were made of me. I treasure the originals which were done by two clever and observant artists. You will  find such artists in fairs, bazaars, along a main street, sitting there waiting for someone to volunteer his or her face. This first one was done in Montauk Point during one of my long bike rides with some altar boys in the summer of 1984, precisely 37 years ago!  This was a quite, scenic yet busy fishing harbor at the end of Long Island in New York. Of course the artist asked me what are my hobbies and back then I was playing the flute on my own. I was also fond of biking, even though I had just got my drivers license. I was also in love with baseball, in particular the New York Mets, who would win the World Championship in 1986. Tomorrow you’ll see a recent caricature from 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment