Monday 4 January 2021

Sunset over Mdina

                    
Yesterday I was determined to take a great photo of the sunset. I had no idea what the sky would look like but since from a distance I can see the Cathedral church of Mdina, the old capital city of Malta, I always wanted to capture the sun setting behind the iconic Baroque church, which is exactly 3 miles away from where I was at Naxxar, ready with my camera. Since at this time of the year, the sun sets more to the west, I found a spot where I thought the sun would set right behind the church, and sure enough I was right on the spot 20 minutes before the sun disappeared. 

I took a few shots zooming on the setting sun, and here you can see a sequence of 15 minutes of glorious beauty. Today happens to be the 19th anniversary of my father’s death, and on that day I also took a great sunset photo, which I share after these four from yesterday. I seems that early January always gives us spectacular sunsets.



The sunset over the town of Victoria in Gozo on January 4, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment