Saturday 9 January 2021

Message from a new baby

This is a letter ‘written’ by the first baby born in 2021:

Happy New Year to everyone! Two minutes after midnight on January 1, 2021, I was born, surrounded by nurses dressed up from head to toe with special outfits, and of course my nervous daddy and my happy mother. They told me I was the first baby of 2021. I heard them say that the year 2020 was a very difficult one for the entire world. So I want to express my words of encouragement, the joy and happiness for the beautiful life God has given me to live. I want to thank my parents for protecting me from any virus to attack me as I was being formed. A special word of gratitude to all the nurses, midwifes and doctors who made sure I was delivered safely. They are such caring people these professionals, who make sure that they are there to protect the innocent and the vulnerable from any threat that a tiny virus can create. I am happy to be the first person to share this message of goodwill and hope to all those who have suffered so much over the past 10 months. I pray for all those who were taken from us unexpectedly because of this virus, and I know they are in a better place. I entered a world that is kind and generous, and is patient with those who may be weak or disadvantaged. As young babies and children we need that special love from the adults, so that we can have a future filled with unseen expectations. So do all the animals and all kinds of nature organisms, especially as the earth gets warmer, and vegetation, the seas and the air are constantly threatened. And as we hope that this virus will soon be eliminated from our midst, let us not forget the other ailments that still dominate our lives, like cancer and heart-disease, diabetes, Aids, disability and even mental deficiencies. Let us also eliminate from our midst any form of anger, bad words, jealousy, competition, domestic conflicts, wars and corruption. I know that God who created me will be so happy when these issues are eliminated from our society. Let us hope this year will be a better one than the one just finished, so that me and other babies being born at this time will have a better, safer and healthier future.

Baby Number One

No comments:

Post a Comment