Monday 14 December 2020

Christmas on Long Island

My memories of Christmas on Long Island New York are very vivid for me, as I spent over 20 years there, experiencing one colorful and illuminated Christmas after another. People would decorate their homes with extravagant lighting, creating a veritable village with all kinds of characters, but always with a prominent display of the nativity, usually in plastic figures lit up from inside. 

Over the last few years, people have been more high-tech with lights synchronized to music. One of these days I will share with you one of these spectacular displays from YouTube. But for today, enjoy these photos I took in the 1980s. These are of course not digital photos, so the resolution is not the very best, but nostalgic and special nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment