Tuesday 29 December 2020

Christmas memories

My recollection today takes me back to my parish at the Baker City Cathedral, in Oregon. I arrived there in 2005 and was determined to lead a renovation of the inside of the Cathedral, to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the building in 1908. The first photo shows the finished sanctuary, where I placed the tabernacle in the center, under the new baldacchino. Then I placed the nativity in front of the altar, whereby one can see the whole transition of Christ’s life right there in front of you. From the manger to the Eucharist on the altar and in the tabernacle, to the crucifix and the Resurrected image of Jesus in the apse painting. 

The second photo shows me near the nativity that used to be erected on the side.  The 8 years I spent there were glorious years which I will treasure as much as the parishioners will cherish our times together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment