Tuesday 2 June 2020

This is not America

No, this is not the America that I know. This is certainly not the America of solidarity, of cooperation, of support we gave to each other, of the comfort we gave and received when terrorists attacked the USA. This is not the America that Martin Luther King dreamt of when he saw the whites and the blacks live together in everlasting peace. We are witnessing atrocious and horrible scenes of violence, fires, horrendous looting, stealing, and violent protests which demean the human race. As I condemn every kind of violence from the police force and any other authority that is supposed to preach and emphasize order and civility, I pray that this streak of frenzied destructiveness will end instantly. It’s a shame what we’re watching in most major cities. America can be much better than this. In my 35 years I spent serving the people there, I saw love and kindness, I saw faith and loyalty, I saw patriotism at its very best. I saw respect and collaboration, and this is what I want to see again in our streets and cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment