Saturday 13 April 2019

One church – three faces

Lapsi church set up for the Lenten season
My childhood church at St Julian’s, known also as Lapsi (Ascension) church is well taken care of by two young men who dedicate much of their free time in decorating the church according to the season. Here you see three different faces of the church, during Lent, on Palm Sunday, and at Easter. (you can click on each photo to enlarge)
The same church on Palm Sunday
This church brings a lot of personal memories, as this is where my parents were married on July 24, 1948, this is where I was baptized on August 30, 1952, and where I served many Masses as an altar boy and still celebrate occasional Masses when needed. This is also where I spend Monday and Tuesday morning, praying for an hour or so. As you can see, the color scheme and symbolisms change from Purple to Red to White. But believe me, a lot of work goes behind the different arrangements and decorations set up seasonally.
The same church at the Easter season

No comments:

Post a Comment