Wednesday 17 April 2024

Random Acts of Kindness

It’s amazing how simple acts of kindness can have such a tremendous positive effect on people’s moods, attitudes, and overall behavior. The well-known Gospel parable tells that ‘I was hungry and you fed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me....’ Also, remember.......when I came to your house to fix your computer. When I cooked a little extra to share with my lonely neighbor. When I prepared the coffee pot for the rest of the family. When I let me busy siblings used the bathroom before me. When I thanked the volunteers who were helping at a church function. When I gave an extra ticket for a concert to a friend who loves music. When I apologized to someone whom I was avoiding.  When I complemented the girl at the food store counter. When I visited some elderly folks at the nursing home. When I gave a little token to the mail-man. When I wrote that  letter of thanks to a friend who helped me in the past. When I said ‘thank you’ to the priest who daily celebrates a beautiful Mass. When I started to answer my emails right away, instead of procrastinating. How many more acts of kindness can you mention?

No comments:

Post a Comment