Tuesday 16 April 2024

Do you remember?

When we were still at school, how often our teachers forced us to remember lists and memorize dates, events and other facts. In mathematics it was Times Table, poems in English, maps in geography, innumerable dates in our history class, Periodic Tables in our science class, etc. Throughout our lifetime we had to remember basic information, which we probably still do. Recipes, football line-ups, names of movies, names of classmates, your local bus number, important telephone numbers, times of Masses in your parish church, etc. In our catechism classes we also had to memorize the basic prayers, the Sign of the Cross, Hail Mary, Our Father, the 7 sacraments, the 10 commandments, the gifts of the Holy Spirit and whatever our catechist demanded that we should know. How about learning some basic Scripture phrases? Here are some very short ones that are easy to memorize and will certainly come in handy when you’re struggling with any issue: ‘ Come to me all you who are burdened, and I will refresh you.’ ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’ ‘Reach out for the light and stay away from the power of darkness.’ ‘Whoever eats my Body will live for ever.’ ‘Do to others, what you want them to do to you.’ ‘Knock and it shall be opened, seek and you shall find, ask and it will be given to you.’ ‘Forgive one another, not 7 times, but 70 times 7 times.’ So let's get on our knees and pray......

1 comment:





  1. Hello,
    My name is Luke S. And I have autism/Asperger’s and I have a question. I’ve had an unexplained spiritual experience that I think might have to do with my guardian angel. I have a question though:
    Can my guardian angel and I share the same soul or spirit? I want to be one with my guardian angel while being a duality.

    ReplyDelete