Thursday 7 July 2016

Prayer when depressed

Lord, I am depressed. I have lost my vision and life seems meaningless. I don’t know where I am going, and can hardly keep on. I would like things to be different, but I am not sure how. I wish I was somewhere else, that there was someone to turn to. That I felt You are truly near. Lord, I know that these are circumstances that you have given me and that I must live with them, but it doesn’t seem humanly possible. So please give me vision again and a sense of purpose. Make me realize that you are with me when I am depressed, guiding and helping even though I may not know it. I ask this for the sake of your Son, who also knew the misery of human frustration.

1 comment:

  1. Father Julian - I pray for you and I hope that you are receiving some warm wishes and heartfelt greetings from me and from all of us at St. Francis of Assisi. I truly enjoy your blogs - and the photos are beautiful!! Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete