Friday 29 July 2016

Make me a friend, Lord

This has been a favorite prayer of mine since my seminary years. I share it with you as we end this month of July. May you have God’s blessings and share them with your loved ones close to you.

O Lord, make me a friend with everybody. Make that my presence inspires hope - to all those who suffer and are depressed; to all those searching the light while laboring in darkness; to all those who want to start to love, but don't know how; to all those who want to open their heart to someone, but feel so helpless. Lord, help me so that I won't pass near such people - with an indifferent outlook; with a closed, cold heart; with a hurried disposition. Lord, help me to be always perceptive of those near me. Let me always be aware of those who are confused, depressed and worried. Make me so much as feel what they're feeling, and give me the courage to inspire peace in their hearts. Lord, set me free from myself, so that I can serve you faithfully, so that I can listen to Your voice in every person I come in contact with.

1 comment: