Sunday 6 November 2022

Jesus buried in Oregon!

Occasionally I share with you some of the anecdotes I experienced in my years in the USA. These are a collection of stories which I wrote as an autobiography, still unpublished but quite interesting and funny at times.

A funny situation happened one day when I had to lead a burial service in a small cemetery at North Powder, Oregon. It was a small gathering which included some children of the immediate relatives of the deceased. The children could not stand still and decided to go around the cemetery for a treasure hunt of their own imagination. At one moment they came running towards us, and during my devotional prayers, they started shouting “We found it, we found it! We found where Jesus is buried...” Their parents calmed them down, and when my prayers were finished, we asked them what they found. At which point I followed them inquisitively to a nearby grave to find a tombstone with a quote from the Bible that featured the name Jesus on it! Since they attend catechism, they knew how to read the name of Jesus, and they felt they made the discovery of the century! Or should I say millennium! So now we know that Jesus is buried in North Powder cemetery - at least three young children believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment