Saturday 30 October 2021

Shoulder wound of Jesus

St Bernard recalls a conversation he once had with Jesus, who told him that the most serious and painful wound were not in his hands or feet or even his side, but it was a shoulder wound, certainly from carrying His cross to Calvary. One should know that even Padre Pio had this shoulder wound on his body, along with the stigmata. St Bernard then wrote this prayer: O loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I, a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Your Shoulder, on which you bore Your heavy cross, which so tore Your flesh and laid bare Your bones as to inflict on You an anguish greater than any other wound of Your Most Blessed Body. I adore You, O most sorrowful Jesus. I praise and glorify You and give You thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound. I beseech you, through that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Your heavy Cross, to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me towards Heaven along the Way of Your Cross. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment